Single Scope Background Investigation
The Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a security clearance investigation required for Top Secret, SCI, and Q access, and involves investigators or agents interviewing past employers, coworkers, and other individuals associated with the subject of the SSBI.
This investigation includes background checks for the following details:
- Organization affiliations
- Any local agency where the subject has lived, worked, traveled or attended school
These checks lead to interviews with persons who know the subject both personally and professionally. The investigation may include a NACLC of the subject's spouse or cohabitant. Previous background investigations conducted on the subject may also be reviewed to corroborate the information obtained or disclosed within the new SSBI.
These are topics that are covered in our investigation:
- Minimum investigative scope
- Expansion of investigation
- National agency checks
- Subject interview
- Birth certification
- Employment verification
- Neighborhood surveys and interviews
- Credit report
- Local agency checks
- Public records (i.e. verification of divorce(s), bankruptcy, and any other court actions)
- Transferability between agencies
Questions? Call us.
888 SIX CHEC